Helpful Links and Information
Developing subdivisions in Benton requires knowledge of the following documents:
- Subdivision Ordinance 66 of 2013
- Street Ordinance 5 of 1998
- Streetlight Ordinance 66 of 2006
- Stormwater Ordinance 2 of 2006
- Drainage Ordinance 45 of 2007
In order to view or download city ordinances, resolutions or pre-annexation documents, you would need to follow the steps below:
- Click on the Search Records button.
- Click on the link for City Clerk
- Click on Ordinance or Resolution
- Select the year of the ordinance you are searching for.
- Select the Ordinance or Resolution number you wish.
Most recently, the City of Benton adopted an amendment to the street ordinance governing the placement of street lights (Ordinance #66 of 2006) and adopted the Little Rock Drainage manual by reference (Ordinance # 45 of 2007). You should also consult the most recent Arkansas fire code as you plan your subdivision.
In order to better serve you, Benton Utilities will provide an independent review of your subdivision preliminary plat, construction plans and final plat, in addition to review by the City staff. Please submit all plans and plats to Community Development for dissemination to the appropriate departments. We need 10 copies of the preliminary plat, 3 copies of the construction plans and 14 copies of the final plat.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or questions you might have. Your main point of contact in Community Development is James Helton, Community Service Supervisor who can be reached at 501-776-5938. For Benton Utilities contact their Construction Manager, DeWayne Hood at 501-776-5932.
Thank you for choosing to build in Benton.
Community Development Director
City of Benton, Arkansas