Job Title: Kennel Worker
Salary range: $25,920.00 to $40,126.40
Department: Animal Control Services
Hours: Full-Time Non-Exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Kennel Worker is responsible for caring of animals impounded at the City Animal Shelter and cleaning cages and premises.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Feeds and waters animals according to schedule;
• Cleans kennels and cages using appropriate cleaning agents and equipment as outlined in established shelter procedures;
• Cleans other areas of kennel or animal shelter as directed, including laundry of animal bedding items, food and water bowls;
• Observes animals and monitors them for symptoms of disease or injury and notifies supervisor of those not in healthy condition;
• Assists customers in selecting animals for adoption as needed;
• Performs general cleanup;
• Disposes of deceased animals according to established shelter procedures;
• Assists in the loading of animals into portable kennels for transport to adoption destinations;
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED;
• Two (2) years previous experience preferred;
• Knowledge of handling, feeding and general care of domestic animals;
• Current Shelter Technician Certification, or must be able to obtain certification within six (6) months of employment;
• Current Arkansas Certification of Training for Animal Euthanasia by lethal injection, or must be able to obtain certification within six (6) months of employment;
• Ability to recognize symptoms of disease or injury of animals;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Must be available to work nights, holidays and weekends as required;
• Valid Drivers’ License required.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and frequently required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee frequently works outside in adverse weather conditions, and in an office environment with exposure to fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and minimum qualifications of this job. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job-related responsibilities and tasks to this job at any time. Certain functions are understood to be essential; these include, but are not limited to, attendance, getting along with others, and dealing with and working under stress. Any essential function of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.
To fill out an application online, please click the link...Online Application
Any questions, please email email@example.com