Job Title: Police Officer
Salary range: $37,156 (with holiday pay)
Location: Police Department
Department: Police Department
BE THE DIFFERENCE.
Not just a job... a career!
2019 starting salary with holiday pay is $37,156 plus the below listed benefits:
- Educational Incentive Pay: up to $600.00 per year, per certificate (up to 6 certificates for a total possible $3,600.00) after the first year.
- Degree Pay: $50.00 per month Associate Degree; $100.00 per month Bachelor's Degree; $150.00 per month Master's Degree.
- Uniforms and Safety Equipment provided by the City and $480.00 Cleaning Allowance.
- $750.00 per year Clothing Allowance after the first year.
- Paid Sick & Vacation Leave
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Employee Health Insurance including dental and vision
- Employee Assistance Program
Applicants for entry level Police Officer positions must meet the following criteria established by the State of Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training, the State of Arkansas Civil Service Statute, and the Benton Civil Service Commission.
- An applicant must be at least twenty and a half (20 1/2) years of age.
- An applicant must have graduated from a standard high school or must have a high school equivalency; i.e., General Education Diploma (GED).
- An applicant must have no felony convictions.
- A complete background investigation will be conducted on every applicant.
- An applicant will be required to pass a basic physical agility test, drug test, Computer Voice Stress Analyzer, medical and psychological examination.
EOEDownload Application Download Job Description