Job Title: Lifeguard
Salary range: $14.00 Hourly
Department: Parks and Recreation
Hours: Full-Time Non-Exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Lifeguard performs duties related to the safe operation and maintenance of a municipal swimming pool/aquatic facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists with teaching swim lessons and classes;
• Maintains proper sanitation of pool facilities, which includes shower facilities, pool decks, locker rooms, and party rooms;
• Monitors and patrols activities surrounding the aquatic center facilities;
• Administers first aid and/or CPR to injured patrons as necessary using appropriate rescue techniques;
• Renders assistance to swimmers in distress;
• Enforces all rules and regulations;
• Assists with swim meets, aquatic programs and other events;
• Fill out accident, incident, pool opening and closing reports to Aquatics specialist daily.
• Available to work nights, weekends, Holidays and City events as needed or scheduled.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be certified by the American Red Cross as a lifeguard and possess a current certification;
• Ability to read manufacturer safety data sheets;
• Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills;
• Good customer service skills;
• High attention to detail and accuracy;
• Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude;
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Incumbents are exposed to wet and humid conditions, fumes, dust and toxic or caustic chemicals.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and minimum qualifications of this job. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job-related responsibilities and tasks to this job at any time. Certain functions are understood to be essential; these include, but are not limited to, attendance, getting along with others, and dealing with and working under stress. Any essential function of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.
To fill out an application online, please click here...Online Application
Or you can fill out a PDF version...CITY OF BENTON APPLICATION.pdf. Please email these applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be dropped off at City Hall.
Any questions, please email email@example.com.