Job Title: Finance & HR Specialist
Salary range: $30,590.56 to $47,305.44
Location: City Hall
Department: Finance Department
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Finance and Human Resources Specialist manages and controls City benefits for all City employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reconciles City bank statements monthly;
• Reconciles benefit vendor statements monthly;
• Maintains and updates website for Administrative Services regularly including uploading monthly agendas, financials, job postings, bid documents, etc;
• Prepares directives, bulletins, schedules, packets, and agendas and transcribes Committee meeting minutes;
• Picks up mail from the Post Office;
• Sorts and distributes the mail to the appropriate departments;
• Serves as back-up for several positions including Payroll Coordinator, Accounts Payable Coordinator and Accounts Receivable Coordinator as needed;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field;
• Two (2) plus years benefits, Human Resources, or payroll experience preferred;
• Knowledge of Accounting principles preferred;
• Proficient in MS Office;
• Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills;
• High attention to detail and accuracy;
• Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Up to $150,000.00
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
CITY OF BENTON, ARKANSAS
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and minimum qualifications of this job. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job-related responsibilities and tasks to this job at any time. Certain functions are understood to be essential; these include, but are not limited to, attendance, getting along with others, and dealing with and working under stress. Any essential function of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.