Job Title: Human Resources Benefit Specialist
Salary range: 14.71 Hourly
Job Title: HR Benefits Specialist Reports To: HR Director
Department: Human Resources Pay Grade: TBD
Division: City General FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: HR Director EEO Category: Officials and
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Human Resources Benefits Specialist manages and controls City benefits for all City employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs and monitors benefit packages such as compensation, health insurance, etc.;
• Prepares directives, bulletins, schedules, and agendas and transcribes Personnel,
Health & Safety Committee meeting minutes;
• Reconciles benefit vendor statements monthly;
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to
personnel and benefits;
• Works closely with Department Heads to coordinate new hire orientation and
training to ensure a positive onboarding experience;
• Ensures personnel changes are updated in HRIS system;
• Assists HR Director with management of employee benefits programs such as life,
health, dental and disability insurances, leave of absence, and employee assistance;
• Assists HR Director with management of Workers’ Compensation program;
• Serves as back-up to and relieves City Hall Receptionist for breaks, vacation, etc.;
• Serves as back-up for Payroll Coordinator as needed;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field;
• Two (2) plus years benefits, Human Resources, or payroll experience required;
• Knowledge of Accounting principles preferred
• Proficient in MS Office;
• Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills;
• High attention to detail and accuracy;
• Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Up to $150,000.00
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is
continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and
arms; and occasionally required to stand, climb or balance,
CITY , ARKANSAS
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to
identify the essential functions and minimum qualifications of this job. The
incumbent(s) may be required to perform job- related responsibilities and tasks other
than those stated in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts
management’s right to assign or reassign job-related responsibilities and tasks to this job at any
time. Certain functions are understood to be essential; these include, but are not limited to,
attendance, getting along with others, and dealing with and working under stress. Any essential
function of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be
unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific
disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com