Job Title: Human Resources Director
Salary range: $56,100-$84,000
Department: Human Resources
Hours: Full Time Exempt
Job Title: Human Resources Director Reports To: Mayor
Department: Human Resources Pay Grade: $56,100-$84,000
Division: City General FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Category: Officials and Administrators
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Human Resources Director is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of all human resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, maintains and interprets Human Resources policies, handbooks, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations;
• Coordinates, organizes and processes all changes for open enrollment during October each year.
• Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
• Designs and manages employee benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, leave of absence, and employee assistance;
• Manages recruiting program, including the new hire onboarding process;
• Manages Service Award program;
• Manages Workers’ Compensation program;
• Responds to FOIA requests, EEOC claims, unemployment claims, employment verification requests, reference checks, etc.;
• Ensures personnel changes are updated in HRIS system;
• Develops departmental strategic planning to enhance productivity and efficiency in support of the City’s overall strategic model;
• Partners with Department Heads and City leadership to ensure an effective compensation structure, which rewards target results and achieves performance expectations;
• Drives the performance review process to ensure consistency, fairness and timeliness;
• Coaches Department Heads to provide valuable, timely and consistent reviews;
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues;
• Works closely with Department Heads to coordinate new hire orientation and training to ensure a positive onboarding experience;
• Provides appropriate training to management regarding relevant Federal, State and Local employment laws;
• Proctors testing for entry level and promotional Fire Department exams.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field;
• Ten (10) plus years in progressively responsible leadership roles preferred;
• Previous public administration experience preferred;
• SPHR preferred;
• Knowledge of operational characteristics, services, and activities of municipal administration and organization preferred;
• Knowledge of principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration;
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, statues, and regulations;
• Strong problem solving and communication skills required;
• Excellent team-building and leadership skills;
• Excellent presentation skills.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Up to $25,000,000.00
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and minimum qualifications of this job. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job-related responsibilities and tasks to this job at any time. Certain functions are understood to be essential; these include, but are not limited to, attendance, getting along with others, and dealing with and working under stress. Any essential function of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.
To fill out an application online, please click here...Online Application
Or you can fill out a PDF version...CITY OF BENTON APPLICATION.pdf. Please email these applications to email@example.com or they can be dropped off at City Hall.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.